Hartlepool Sixth Form College is a leading provider of high quality educational opportunities for the community enabling individuals to enjoy and challenge themselves academically, recreationally and socially.
The College exists to develop and enhance their abilities and skills so that students can fulfil their potential in a secure, caring, supportive and stimulating environment.
Our aim is to be acknowledged as a first choice provider of teaching and learning opportunities by ensuring that:
The College will be recognised for:
- its clear emphasis on maximising student potential and achievement through the setting of realistic, challenging college and individual student targets
- its care and concern in meeting the needs of individual students
- providing a broad, imaginative, up to date and inclusive curriculum which seeks to respond to local, regional and national initiatives and the needs of students and employers
- recruiting well qualified and professional staff who put students first and inspire them with a love of learning.
- being a centre of excellence in preparing students for future life transitions through an inclusive personal, educational and careers guidance process.
- being open, self critical and committed to standards of high quality and continuous improvement
- being well equipped and resourced by maximising its physical, financial and human resources levels within its budgetary constraints
- positive cooperation and commitment to working with other organisations within the local, regional and national community in a spirit of partnership
- participating in activities within the local, national and international community which recognise and benefit those least able to help themselves
The STUDENTS will have the opportunity to experience:
- the challenge of high aspirations, expectations and the pursuit of excellence
- the encouragement and support to believe in themselves, make the most of and develop their skills and talents in an enriching, success orientated environment.
- the encouragement and support to become responsible and self disciplined in their approach to learning and study
- a growth in self-confidence arising from personal success and achievement
- access to up to date learning resources within the budgetary constraints of the college
- sensitive personal, educational and careers guidance provided by a professional and dedicated staff
- a safe, friendly, stimulating and challenging learning environment with a sense of community which grows from consideration, regard and respect for others.
- the support which enables them to work with others in a spirit of trust and co-operation so that they can take their place as creative, thoughtful and responsible citizens in the wider community
The STAFF, in recognition of the fact that they are the most valuable asset, will have access to a positive working environment which:
- is forward looking, positive and proactive
- provides good leadership and effective management which values and encourages vision
- promotes good communication and consultation systems and procedures
- engenders a spirit of co-operation, respect, trust, team work and professional pride
- is success orientated and seeks to recognise staff as professional people and value them as individuals
- embraces parity of esteem
- embodies a supportive culture of self assessment and improvement
- strives to identify and meet their needs for ongoing professional development and training